Employer: ABI in cooperation with Vivan Therapeutics
WorkPlace: ABI (Yerevan)
Format: full employment
Working Hours: full-time
Working language: English
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023
Working hours: Standard Armenian Working hours with partial adaptation to London time for remote meetings (YVN time – 4 hours)
Remuneration: Will meet standards in industry according to the candidates’ qualifications
Vivan Therapeutics is a young company located in London/UK. Vivan develops personalized treatments against cancer, based on patients’ genetic profiles. ABI cooperates with Vivan by providing expertise in bio-data science and cancer bioinformatics. The candidate’s major tasks comprise the development of a computational pipeline for personalized diagnostics and treatment decisions based on biomedical and genomic data from different sources. The candidates will be embedded in an international team of life scientists located in London and remotely in Yerevan at ABI in the team of Hans Binder. We accept applicants from abroad.
We are looking for an IT specialist, who will set out and deliver the information security and privacy strategy of the Vivan Therapeutics, and support business operations by sourcing and managing their IT assets and services. You will also be maintaining a compliant status against relevant regulations and accreditation standards.
- Source, implement, maintain, and manage IT assets and vendors.
- Control access to software and systems with occasional travel to our London office to provide hands-on support.
- Own and ensure adherence to information security and privacy processes.
- Implement information security standards such as ISO 27001.
- Lead compliance with privacy legislation such as GDPR and HIPAA.
- Plan and run audits and assessments to ensure continued compliance.
- Track, monitor, and advise on security issues and risks.
- Lead IT and security training.
- Contribute to our scientific lab automation efforts by helping to design and integrate both hardware and software systems.
- Experience with implementing and managing effective compliance, business continuity, asset management, and quality management processes.
- Familiarity with implementing information security standards such as ISO 27001 or SOC2.
- Record of compliance with privacy standards such as GDPR and HIPAA.
- Proficiency in administering Azure Active Directory and AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills.
What we Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage.
- A flexible work schedule, combining the best of both worlds with a hybrid work format that offers on-site and remote work options.
- A corporate sports package to promote your physical health and overall well-being․
- Interdisciplinary and international work environment.
The Armenian Bioinformatics Institute (ABI) is a dynamic scientific-educational foundation dedicated to advancing data-centric research in life sciences. ABI’s research portfolio is diverse, encompassing genomics across plants, animals, and humans. We not only develop innovative algorithms and software tools but also apply them to life sciences, medicine, and biotechnology. In addition to conducting foundational research, ABI offers specialized research services to biotech companies. Furthermore, we are committed to nurturing future talent through a range of educational programs, thereby cultivating the next generation of bioinformatics specialists.