Employer: Armenian Bioinformatics Institute
Slots: 2-3 Interns
Location: On-site (remote work may be possible in exceptional cases or upon candidate relocation)
Duration: 3 months, mid- and long-term work is planned
Remuneration: Unpaid (potential for a job offer after successful internship)
Application Deadline: August 1
Start: September 4
We are seeking highly motivated and talented individuals to join our research team at ABI as Bioinformatics Interns. The successful candidates will contribute to potentially three exciting projects. The major topic is “Data-driven Computational LifeSciences”, which means that tricky knowledge mining in molecular (“omics”) data helps to understand disease mechanisms (in humans and plants), their diversity, and to develop suited diagnostics and treatments options. We are interested in method developments (e.g. in single cell omics) as well as applications to diagnose specific cancer types.
- Cancer bioinformatics related to tumor heterogeneity, evolution and treatment options
- Single cell and spatial omics analysis to understand microarchitecture of healthy and diseased tissues
- Pursuing or recently completed a degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Genomics, Natural Sciences or a related field.
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and genomics concepts.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as R.
- Familiarity with bioinformatics tools and algorithms for data analysis and machine learning.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
To learn more about the lab please click here.
Please apply with:
- a letter of interest claiming why you want to apply;
- what area is the most interesting for you; and
Please send all documents to [email protected]